Sunday, July 19, 2015

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways

I distinctly remember as a teen I used to LOVE rearranging my room. Little five-foot-nothing Lauren used to get bored with the setup and literally move around the furniture and go on a hunt around the house to find pieces to give my room a new look. It usually was late at night and fueled by *NSYNC on repeat and one too many caramel frappuccinos. My mom would come into my room the next morning surprise- yet not shocked that my room had a whole new look.

Some things never change. I still love giving my interior a new look. Lately, I've been switching things up with our living room coffee table. I'm sharing 3 ways to give it a fresh new look using décor from throughout the house!

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Give your coffee table a chic update!
[pin this to share]!

I'm sharing 3 styles- a glam, feminine coffee table, rustic chic coffee tale & a colorful, preppy coffee table style and sharing a few pieces to help you get the look!

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Glam & Girly Coffee Table styled w/ mercury glass candles & faux peonies

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Glam & Girly Coffee Table styled w/ mercury glass candles & faux peonies

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Glam & Girly Coffee Table styled w/ mercury glass candles & faux peonies

Glam & Girly Coffee Table Style:

For this look I've used a silver charger (this one's from the dollar store) to hold a variety of candles & matches. I love fresh flowers, but you never have to worry about faux flowers drooping- so they're perfect for making a coffee table statement. Of curse, I also have a huge collection of books so I chose a few in a coordinating color scheme & have a fabric covered box to store remote controls.

Get the Look:

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Rustic Chic coffee table styled w/ succulent plants & antlers

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Rustic Chic coffee table styled w/ succulent plants & antlers

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Rustic Chic coffee table styled w/ succulent plants & antlers

Rustic Chic Coffee Table:

Kyle & I both have an affinity for rustic chic / farmhouse style. Every year his family finds a quite a few shed antlers from deer on their property, so we always bring some home for décor & spraypainted some gold. We also have faux succulent plants around the house which give the table a nice natural, organic feel. A geometric gold décor piece sits atop a stack of books.

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Preppy & Colorful coffee table styled w/ books and antique finds

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Preppy & Colorful coffee table styled w/ books and antique finds

Coffee Table Styling: 3 Ways | Preppy & Colorful coffee table styled w/ books and antique finds

 Colorful & Preppy Chic Style:

This is one of my favorite of the looks. It's a mix of colorful entertaining books & candles. I also used a thrifted milk glass vase with some faux blooms to add some more color to the table. My table is rarely without a coffee cup on it, so I thought I was perfectly fitting. This would totally be my table styling if I still had my bachelorette pad - complete with turquoise tassel earrings as their own décor.

Get the Look:
Turquoise Capri Blue Candle | Gold Pineapple | Pink Coffee Mug
Things We Love Book | I Brake For Yard Sales Book

Which of the 3 coffee table styling looks is your favorite? If you have a favorite way to give yours a stylish update, be sure to share!

xoxo, lauren


2 comments:

Mugdha G said...

Oh man, I love the rustic look! You have a real knack for putting little pieces together so they look good.

Amanda @ The Color Coded Life said...

Can you please come do my coffee table, Lauren? This is AMAZING!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin