Monday, August 31, 2015

Gingham Shirt + Garnet Skirt

  As I mentioned, I'm not headed back to school myself this year, but that doesn't mean that I don't take the time to evaluate my wardrobe and buy a couple of new pieces for fall! I've teamed up with Kohl's to put together the perfect back to school outfit. Each of the pieces looks so chic together and can easily mix & match or be layered up to create new looks as the weather changes.

I've rounded up 3 key pieces & I have some tips on how to get the most versatility out of them for the new season. I love the selection of Junior's clothes at Kohl's- that are modern & fun enough for me in my 20's as a petite fashionista.
 photo gingham shirt  skirt 4_zpsd0lxmtrt.jpg
What I'm Wearing:
 Button Down Gingham Plaid Shirt: SO at Kohl's | Garnet Pleated Circle Skirt: Candie's at Kohl's
Druzy Necklace: Mudd at Kohl's | Bracelet & Ring: LC Lauren Conard
 photo gingham shirt amp skirt 5_zpsglvd6lcr.jpg
 photo gingham shirt  skirt 1_zpscufnci0x.jpg
 photo gingham shirt  skirt 2_zps746kduty.jpg

Styling Tips for 3 Key Pieces for Back to School:
Plaid Shirt: This plaid shirt is made from a cozy flannel-like material. Plaid is a timeless fall pattern, but I love it in the gingham for a preppy feel. I  like to knot them when wearing them with a skirt or tuck in the front if wearing with a pair of denim. You could also layer it under a sweater or graphic sweatshirt when it gets colder.

Pleated Circle Skirt: This skirt is super flattering because it sits up higher on the waist (where I'm my smallest). I love this garnet, fall statement color for a fun twist (plus, Florida State colors, of course)! Switch it up by layering on tights and black leather riding boots.

Statement Necklace: Drusy, natural stone-style necklaces are trending for fall. This necklace has a more polished feel because it's mixed with a polished gold. Statement necklaces are quick way to dress up a basic tee or add some visual interest.

There are tons of great deals going on right now, so be sure to check out what's new at Kohl's! What's on your must-have list for fall?

xoxo, lauren

Disclosure: Thank you to Kohl's for sponsoring this post & the selection of chic fall finds!


HiFashion said...

Great look. Plaid is definitely one of my go-to's for the autumn. And the colour of the skirt is so pretty

Rachel Lynne said...

LOVE this color of gray for a gingham shirt - very chic! Super cute outfit!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin