I love getting lost in a good fiction book, but lately I've been turning to more inspirational reads. I've been reading everything from tips for a more organized home to living simply to embracing your creative side. I swear my Amazon wishlist is getting a little ridiculous- though I don't think I'd have it any other way!
I thought I'd share a few books on my reading list that are reads to inspire and uplift. It's always helpful when a great book can help you refocus, find your passions or live a more purposeful life.
Books That Inspire + Uplift:
1. Rising Strong- Brene Brown: Stories of a wide range of people &their stories of being brave & getting back up when they've fallen. It's a process that teaches us about who we are!
2. The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up- Marie Kondo: A step-by-step guide to de-cluttering, simpifying, and organizing your home from a Japanese cleaning consultant.
3. Simply Tuesday- Emily P. Freeman: A book about finding happiness in small moments and taking the time to enjoy them. It's about replacing competition with compassion and finding contentment in the now.
4. Big Magic- Elizabeth Gilbert: The author of "Eat, Pray, Love" encourages us to find our unique strengths and offers unique perspective about creativity & conquering our fears.
5. The Nesting Place- Myquillyn Smith: This is not your average interior design book. It's about decorating for "real people"- which means embracing the natural chaos & imperfection of daily living.
6. Body Book - Cameron Diaz: The body book is a holistic, long term approach to making consistent choices and working towards the goal of a long, happy & healthy life. It offers education on nutrition and the body- it's not a "lose weight quick" routine.
7. The Desire Map - Danielle LaPorte: Goals are more about the feeling you hope achieving that goal will give you. Danielle helps you identify your "core desired feelings" & a liberating "goals with soul" approach for business and life.
8. Brave Enough - Cheryl Strayed: From the author of "Wild," is a book of her notable quotes capturing wisdom, courage, humor and inspiration. She calls it a mini-instruction manual for the soul!
I recently had participants in my #SocialMediaWithStyle Instagram challenge share their favorite inspiring reads. "Thrive" by Arianna Huffington is another one of mine. It emphasizes the importance of work/life balance, getting enough sleep, and identifying what's most important to you in life!
Have you read any books that have had a positive impact on your life? Be sure to share, I'm always looking for new reads to add to my wish list!