Saturday, November 7, 2015

3 Ways to Layer for Fall

As a Florida girl turned Wisconsinite, I knew nothing about layering when I moved here. While my first instinct was to stay warm by throwing on a heavy coat- now, I actually relish in the idea of putting on cozy layers and cute cold weather accessories. I've teamed up with Madden Girl at Kohl's to share 3 looks to layer for Fall featuring their new line!

 No matter if you live in an area that will be blanketed in snow a month from now (me! me!) or the most you need is a cozy sweater, there's something for everyone!
 
Look 1: Faux Fur & Florals | Holiday Layering
 photo maddengirl faux fur floral 2_zpsnpspz3tp.jpg

 photo faux fur floral 6_zpskh8bhszi.jpg
 photo maddengirl faux fur florals_zpsjrrfgwgz.jpg

Look 1: Faux Fur & Florals | Holiday Layering
Faux Fur Scarf: Madden Girl at Kohl's | Black Turtleneck: It's Our Time
Green Floral Scuba Skirt: Lauren Conrad for Kohl's | Black Fleece Lined Tights: Forever 21

I love the combo of faux fur and florals. This ponte skirt is super comfortable and easy to dress up and down. The faux fur infinity scarf adds a touch of luxe that would be so perfect for a holiday soiree or added touch of warmth with a wool coat. I've layered up the look with fleece lined tights which are my saving grace to allow me to keep wearing my skirts & dresses into Winter!

 Look 2: Buffalo Plaid & Sequins | Cozy Layers
 photo maddengirl buffalo plaid_zpsneqyfez6.jpg
 
 photo maddengirl buffalo plaid 4_zpsyeyu0ovf.jpg
 photo maddengirl buffalo plaid 2_zpsvw5ummca.jpg
 Look 2: Buffalo Plaid & Sequins | Cozy Layers
Sequin Baseball Tee: Tobi (similar) | Black Denim: Paige | Faux Fur Hat: Madden Girl at Kohl's
Leather Moto Jacket: Italy Souvenir (similar) | Cozy Mittens: Madden Girl at Kohl's
Buffalo Plaid Scarf: Purelux Boutique | Lace Up Suede Wedges: Similar (on sale for 40% off)
There's something about layering on all my favorite patterns, textures & fabrics that makes me oh-so-hapy. This outfit does exactly like that. The sequins, leather & buffalo plaid print work perfectly together. The outfit is made extra cozy and warm with knit hat & cozy mitten cold weather accessories.
Look 3: Chic Down Jacket | Cold Weather Style
 photo maddengirl down jacket 3_zpsh62ejk6v.jpg

 photo maddengirl down jacket 2_zps7byah60v.jpg

 photo maddengirl down jacket 4_zpsu3dyqrpd.jpg
Look 3: Chic Down Jacket | Cold Weather Style
Cream Cable Sweater: Aerie (similar) | Green Coat & Faux Fur Hood: Madden Girl at Kohl's
Straight Leg Denim: American Eagle | Tan Fringe Booties: Madden Girl at Kohl's
This layering look is perfect for the cold winter days. This jacket is comfortable, warm and insulated with a cozy fleece in the hood. I love that it isn't so poufy that its not cute too. These fringe booties have a cozy lining and I loved them so much I bought them in two colors!
What's your favorite way to layer for fall? I'm excited for the new season and dare I say- our first snow day!
xoxo, lauren





Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Kohl's but all opinions are my own!

4 comments:

Katerina Maurtua said...

These looks are amazing! I wish it were colder in florida so I could try out these look!
that first skirt is beautiful!
Kat | Delirium Style

HiFashion said...

Love your layered looks. I'm not the hugest fan of winter fashion but it's nice to make the most of it and bundle up in cosy knits.

Hillary Dixon said...

I've been looking for a faux fur snood, so thank you so much for featuring one! I love these looks and you look so warm in that coat! Love!!

~Hillary
www.styleinasmalltown.com

nuixen marketing said...

Fleshandhide

Fashion Leather Jackets | Celebrity Leather Jackets | Sheep Leather Jackets are Available
at Fleshandhide.com , leather jackets uk leather jackets usa quality leather jackets

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin