When my mom mentioned she wanted to host an engagement party for Kyle & I in Florida I was immediately on board! It's always challenging to try to meet-up with friends and family for coffee dates & dinners when I'm only home a couple of times a year. I also knew I had to find the perfect dress & do some prepping to look and feel my best for our party!
I knew that an engagement party would put me and my fiancée at the center of attention, but it was a total whirlwind (in the best way). We posed for a million pictures and telling the story of "how he asked" to everyone. Thankfully, my mom had booked a blow out for me the morning of our party. I also had been using Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips which came in handy since I'm pretty sure I didn't stop smiling the entire party.
I wanted to share a few of the ways that we prepped for our engagement party. Hopefully this list will come in handy for my fellow brides to be!
Photo by: Pamm & Nick Mandalou
5 Ways to Prep for an Engagement Party:
1. Take Steps to Look & Feel your Best: Don't try to pack all of your beauty prep into the day of the party. Start teeth whitening 2 weeks early for pearly whites in all of your photos. As I mentioned, I tried out Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips before our party & was impressed with the subtle but noticeable difference (plus, it's a whole lot less expensive than professional whitening.. which means more money for wedding savings)! My sister gave me a manicure & pedicure a few days prior and my mom treated me to a blowout on the morning of our party!
2. Find The Perfect Little White Dress: I had been hunting for a little white dress to wear to our party and stumbled upon the one I ended up with on super sale. It's funny but wearing a LWD actually make you feel like a bride! My mom let me wear my nana's pearls which was so special.
3. Send Invites: We opted to send digital invites (from Paperless Post). I love being able to track RSVP's through their site, but Minted makes a gorgeous printed invitation. Both offer really stylish and customizable designs.
4. Buy Thank You Notes: We were overwhelmed by kindness from the guests at our party- such thoughtful gestures and heartfelt cards. I picked up a sweet set of cards to send thank you's!
5. Take a Moment for Yourselves: Between the two of us, I'm much more extroverted than Kyle typically is. As amazing as it is being inundated with love and conversation with friends, I knew it was important for us to take a moment for ourselves. We had a chance to sneak away to sip champagne & share a few laughs and wonder how we got so lucky!
An hour a day of whitening for 2 weeks was a really easy step to add into my normal beauty routine. I will definitely be doing it again for our big day in October. (You can find them at any local drugstore or mass retailer)!
A few of my engagement party must haves
I'm enjoying this engagement time more than I ever thought I would. Though the wedding planning process has had its stressful moments, so far it's just been a lot of fun. We've been trying to take time to enjoy the moment and where we are at this place in our lives. I'm excited for our future together!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.