Tuesday, January 19, 2016

5 Ways to Prep for an Engagement Party


When my mom mentioned she wanted to host an engagement party for Kyle & I in Florida I was immediately on board! It's always challenging to try to meet-up with friends and family for coffee dates & dinners when I'm only home a couple of times a year. I also knew I had to find the perfect dress & do some prepping to look and feel my best for our party!

I knew that an engagement party would put me and my fiancĂ©e at the center of attention, but it was a total whirlwind (in the best way). We posed for a million pictures and telling the story of "how he asked" to everyone. Thankfully, my mom had booked a blow out for me the morning of our party.  I also had been using Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips which came in handy since I'm pretty sure I didn't stop smiling the entire party.

I wanted to share a few of the ways that we prepped for our engagement party. Hopefully this list will come in handy for my fellow brides to be!

 Photo by: Pamm & Nick Mandalou

5 Ways to Prep for an Engagement Party:

1. Take Steps to Look & Feel your Best: Don't try to pack all of your beauty prep into the day of the party. Start teeth whitening 2 weeks early for pearly whites in all of your photos. As I mentioned, I tried out Crest 3D Flexfit Whitestrips  before our party & was impressed with the subtle but noticeable difference (plus, it's a whole lot less expensive than professional whitening.. which means more money for wedding savings)! My sister gave me a manicure & pedicure a few days prior and my mom treated me to a blowout on the morning of our party!

2. Find The Perfect Little White Dress: I had been hunting for a little white dress to wear to our party and stumbled upon the one I ended up with on super sale. It's funny but wearing a LWD actually make you feel like a bride! My mom let me wear my nana's pearls which was so special.

3. Send Invites:  We opted to send digital invites (from Paperless Post). I love being able to track RSVP's through their site, but Minted makes a gorgeous printed invitation. Both offer really stylish and customizable designs.

4. Buy Thank You Notes: We were overwhelmed by kindness from the guests at our party- such thoughtful gestures and heartfelt cards. I picked up a sweet set of cards to send thank you's!

5.  Take a Moment for Yourselves: Between the two of us, I'm much more extroverted than Kyle typically is. As amazing as it is being inundated with love and conversation with friends, I knew it was important for us to take a moment for ourselves. We had a chance to sneak away to sip champagne & share a few laughs and wonder how we got so lucky!


An hour a day of whitening for 2 weeks was a really easy step to add into my normal beauty routine. I will definitely be doing it again for our big day in October. (You can find them at any local drugstore or mass retailer)!

 A few of my engagement party must haves




I'm enjoying this engagement time more than I ever thought I would. Though the wedding planning process has had its stressful moments, so far it's just been a lot of fun. We've been trying to take time to enjoy the moment and where we are at this place in our lives. I'm excited for our future together!

 xoxo, lauren



I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.

1 comment:

Rments Company said...

Great !! Rments like post also . Thanks to :
http://www.rments.com/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin