Thursday, January 14, 2016

Winter Beauty Must-Haves

Winter weather can be brutal to your beauty regimen. The sub-zero temperatures lately have not been helping my dry hands and chapped lips. Now that it's my 5th winter in Wisconsin, I've finally come to terms with the fact that I can't use the same products I did growing up in the South. The frigid weather calls for extra moisturizing to battle the harsh wind and temperatures. I've also tried to start using a face & eye cream in the morning and evening with added SPF.

I wanted to share a few of my favorite winter beauty facial & beauty products and how I incorporate into my daily routine during these cold months.
  
These beauty & body products are lifesavers during the cold & dry winter months!



Winter Beauty Must Haves:

1. NEST Body Cream: NEST has the most beautiful branding and packaging. A bit pricey, but my mom gifted me a gorgeous set! It's paraben free, filled with botanical extracts, and it's fast-absorbing- perfect for a quick post-shower moisturizing when it's freezing.

2. Josie Maran Argan Oil The organic argan oil moisturizes and hydrates skin. You can also put a couple of drops into your bathtub for aromatherapy. I like to put a couple of drops on my wrists and when days get stressful just take in the Hawaiian scents and take a couple of deep breaths.

3. Bobbi Brown "Extra" Facial Oil: This is perfect if you get dry skin in the winter. Just a couple of drops makes skin look more vibrant and glowing without feeling greasy. 

4. Aveda "Dry Remedy" Hair Oil: This stuff is an absolute lifesaver when my hair's been hiding under slouchy beanies or getting stressed out by the cold. It gives hair that just-been-to-the-salon feel & eliminates frizz!

5. Beekman Boys Goat's Milk Lip Balm: I love the Beekman Boy's farm meets fashion lifestyle. Their lip balm is all natural (no synthetic fragrances) & the goat's milk is super moisturizing for dried lips. I love the "Wondermint" balm.

6. Philosophy Miracle Worker Rejuvenating Cream: I've been using this daily to moisturize and combat aging. Though I'm only 26, I've definitely seen my skin already starting to change thanks to growing up and spending most weekends in the Florida sunshine. It also has added SPF 30 protection!

7. Helping Hands LUSH Hand Cream: This chamomile & cocoa butter cream is super thick and moisturizing. It truly works when my hands are hurting and chapped because I forgot to wear my gloves outside (whoops!). 

Have a product that's your trusty companion during the winter months? Please share!

xoxo, lauren



Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin