Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Spring Trend Styling Tips

Trend forecasting is one of my favorite skills I've picked up from my time studying fashion and working in the industry. I love to get the scoop on the runway shows and get a major thrill when some of the trend I've predicted come to fruition. Last year I shared my two cents on a few looks that were all over the Spring/Summer 2016 runways (read the post here).

Now, that SS16 is officially here, I'm back with a few ways to get the look & sharing some styling tips for wearing a few of this season's top trends. Personally, I'm partial to the lilac & lavender hues - especially as a nail polish color!

 photo spring trend styling tips_zps19g3sfoi.png

Shop the Post:


Try This TrendSpring/Summer 2016

Patchwork: This look is a subtle nod to homespun Americana.  Diane von Furstenberg had this look all over her spring 2016 runway show. To keep the style feeling modern, choose a piece that pairs two complementary patterns. Maaji is a total expert at this in the swimwear department.

Shop the Patchwork Look: Boho Tunic Dress | Patchwork Maaji Bikini


Off-Shoulder: This style is subtly sexy, in the best way! They key to wearing this look is finding a supportive strapless bra. The off-shoulder floral dress would be beautiful for date night paired with black wedge. Wear a floaty off-shoulder blouse with cutoff denim or light wash skinny jeans.



Crochet: This trend is going beyond the beach. Look for it as a design element to give a sweet, 70's vibe to accessories, dresses & summery tops. I can't stop thinking about the adorable crochet wedges, they literally would go with everything!



Lavender: We saw this trend on the runways being paired with unexpected colors with a punchy feel like peach and vibrant orange-y corals. Challenge yourself to wear this pastel with other pieces besides pastels and neutrals, I promise you'll love the results.

Shop the Lavender Look:  Lavender Utility Blouse | Lavender Lace Fit & Flare Dress (love this one for Easter or Spring Weddings) | Amethyst Drop Earrings by Kendra Scott


To see even more of the looks I'm loving for this spring, be sure to stop by my Pinterest board. Even better, if you're not sure of how to wear a trend for yourself this spring, and bring things from the runway to the real life way..  let me know! I'll be happy to share some styling tips on La Petite Fashionista!

xoxo, lauren

2 comments:

HiFashion said...

I am so excited for spring and especially for spring fashion! Can't wait to try these trends.

Mackenzie Paschen said...

I've been watching these trends since they appeared on the runway so I'm chomping at the bit to actually wear them! This spring one day and blizzard the next we are having in the Midwest is so frustrating!!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin