Monday, April 11, 2016

April Reading List

Earlier this year I decided one of the things I was saying "yes" to was reading more books. I've actually done a decent job at it. Now instead of automatically tuning into Netflix before board, I'm opting to read a book- unplugging and letting my mind rest a bit!

I thought I'd share a few of the books on rotation on my nightstand right now. I'm the worst at sticking to one book and reading it all the way through. I love hopping around to different reads, depending on the mood I'm in and what I feel like diving into that night.

Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert: This book came highly recommended by the creative community at Rising Tide Society and so far it does not disappoint. It's an empowering read about giving into the creative process and embracing it in our everyday life.

Miracles Now by Gabby Bernstein: I've mentioned this book before, but it's a great one to refer to during stressful times. For anyone who suffers from anxiety or feels overwhelmed by stress- there are some great tactics for coping, overcoming it, and becoming a more centered person.

Why Not Me by Mindy Kaling: I love a good non-fiction read, but Mindy's book is exactly what I need when I need a good belly laugh. Her personal anecdotes are endearing and relatable.

Europe by Eyewitness Travel: Kyle & I having so much fun planning our honeymoon in Europe. One year for Christmas I got him this travel guide and bookmarked all of my favorite spots. It's so fun that now our wanderlust dreams are actually becoming a reality.

In case you're looking for any other fun reads, these are next up on my list:

What books have you been enjoying lately?

xoxo, lauren


Mugdha said...

I loved "Why Not Me?"! Thanks for sharing this list! I've heard good things about Big Magic and am looking forward to reading it when the right mood hits me!

Mia Lupo said...

Great list, especially Eyewitness Travel's Europe! How to Be Parisian is one of my favorite books to read when I'm stressed. The Elegance of a Hedgehog is my next read, followed by Garance Dore's Love x Style x Life

aGirl said...

I am reading Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman. My boyfriend bought the book for me as a gift, and I wasn't optimistic about liking it. But OMG! It is SO GOOD. There is a lot of drama.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin